Table of Contents
Adult growth hormone deficiency treatment is a well-defined process in use for over twenty years. Recombinant DNA technology has led to a biologically identical version of somatotropin (growth hormone) that is well-accepted by the body’s GH receptors. Adults with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) can safely receive human growth hormone (HGH, somatropin) therapy for extended periods with very little risk of adverse reactions. In this review, we discuss the options and treatment, benefits, side effects, and how to receive HGH therapy.
Decreasing growth hormone levels lead to changes in body composition, brain functions, metabolism, cell reproduction, energy, productivity, and even sexual performance. Health, appearance, and well-being all suffer from growth hormone decline.
Extensive research spanning the past two decades points to the efficacy and safety of growth hormone deficiency treatment for adults. Long-term HGH therapy provides us with a clear view of the benefits of treatment.
Growth hormone deficiency treatment has over two decades of research and results showing benefits for adults with GH deficiency.
Options and Treatment Regimes for GHD Treatment
Growth hormone deficiency treatment is an individualized regimen based on the following factors as determined by blood analysis, physical examination, and a review of the client’s medical history and current health and symptom status:
- Level of deficiency as shown in blood test results
- Body composition
- Severity of symptoms
- Health status
The hormone doctor will determine the dosage and frequency of treatment based on these results. HGH therapy is available as an injectable. There are no other methods of administering real human growth hormones into the body other than via injection. Drops, sprays, pills, and other over-the-counter preparations are not pure, bioidentical HGH.
Treatment options come in a variety of renowned pharmaceutical brands and injector styles. Clients can select from standard vial and syringe methods or the latest injector pens, including some that come premixed and prefilled. The brands of HGH prescribed by our doctors are:
Growth hormone deficiency treatment is individualized based on need and is available in a variety of injector options.
Details of GHD Treatment in Our Clinic
When adults seek treatment for growth hormone deficiency, they must first meet the guidelines set forth for the prescribing and receipt of this medication. That requires proof of low growth hormone levels, as shown in blood analysis.
At our hormone clinic, we offer a streamlined, comprehensive approach to hormone replacement therapy. Adults who seek growth hormone deficiency treatment will undergo a consultation by phone, followed by a blood test, physical examination, and completion of a medical history questionnaire. The doctor will use the information gathered in these steps to determine candidacy for HGH therapy.
Here are some essential details to know about HGH treatment:
- Prescription: our doctors provide prescriptions for HGH therapy to those adults diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. We do not give prescriptions for HGH to people looking to use this medication solely for the purpose of bodybuilding, sports enhancement, or anti-aging.
- Legality: HGH therapy is only legal when prescribed by a doctor to treat GHD. A prescription is required to buy human growth hormone injections in the US. Attempting to purchase HGH without a prescription is illegal and may result in prosecution, jail time, and significant monetary fines.
- Injections: administration of HGH deficiency treatment is by injection only. There are no other forms of real human growth hormone therapy available today.
- Effectiveness: increasing serum HGH levels with human growth hormone therapy is highly effective at reversing the symptoms of adult GHD. Most people begin to notice positive changes within the first two weeks of treatment, with benefits continuing for many months.
- Safety: HGH injections are extremely safe when used as prescribed. Illegal use of human growth hormones or injecting more than prescribed can result in growth hormone levels becoming too high in the bloodstream. That is the primary cause of unwanted side effects.
Medzone hormone clinic offers growth hormone deficiency treatment to adults diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency by our doctors.
Possible Side Effects and Risks
Long-term data on the safety of growth hormone deficiency treatment to this date does not show any increase in risk for cardiovascular incidents, insulin resistance, or malignancies. The primary concerns regarding HGH side effects stem from individuals who increase the level of growth hormone too high in their bodies. These issues are mostly identified with illegal HGH use.
While no medication is without risk, HGH treatment has an established track record of little to no side effects when used under a doctor’s supervision. The most common reaction is at the injection site, where itching, redness, swelling, or irritation is possible. These issues tend to disappear on their own and lessen in time with increased practice at self-administering the injections.
Possible side effects that could occur from HGH therapy include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Insulin resistance
- High cholesterol
If any side effects are noticed during treatment with HGH injections, the doctor may temporarily lower the dosage until the reactions subside. After that, the dosage can once again be increased in increments to what the body needs.
Benefits of Growth Hormone Deficiency Treatment
Characteristics of adult growth hormone deficiency include changes in body composition and fat distribution, increased depression and changes in mood, alterations in lipid profile and cardiac capacity, reduction in libido and sexual activity, impaired health, and adverse effects on appearance. Doctor-prescribed growth hormone deficiency treatment for adults reverses these changes, providing systemic benefits for health and well-being.
The benefits of treatment for adult growth hormone deficiency include:
- Increase in mean lean body mass
- Decrease in body fat mass
- Better muscle strength
- Improvement in exercise capacity
- Increase in bone mineral density
- Reduction of D-reactive protein, interleukin-6, and TNK-a inflammatory markers
- Decrease in intima-media carotid thickness
- Lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
- Enhancements to quality of life
- Improvement in skin tone for a reduction in wrinkles and sagging
- Better, thicker hair growth
- Stronger nails
- Reduction in blood pressure levels
- Sharper brain functions and memory
- Longer focus and concentration
- Increase in sexual desire and arousal
- Better vaginal lubrication for women
- Improvement in erectile function for men
- Decrease in hot flashes and night sweats
- Less depression and more optimism
- Happier mood and disposition
- Better overall outlook for the future
- Stronger immune system functions
- Faster healing from illness and injury
- Increase in drive and productivity
- Deeper, longer-lasting sleep
- More desire for socialization
Reviews of Our Patients on Their GHD Treatment in Our Clinic
Here our patients speak about their growth hormone deficiency treatment results:
I have always experienced increased stress when going to a doctor, so having consultations by phone with your clinic has been phenomenal. Your medical advisors are so caring and knowledgeable, and I feel secure in the treatment prescribed by your doctor. Since starting HGH therapy four months ago, I have lost 12 pounds, improved my exercise intensity and lean muscle mass, and have noticed positive changes in my skin tone and appearance.
I contacted your clinic to learn more about growth hormone deficiency treatment after a friend suggested I call. He recognized that I had many of the same symptoms he did before he started using HGH therapy. I had no idea that my low libido, depression, lack of drive, forgetfulness, and weight gain were not just due to aging. Since starting treatment three months ago, I am already noticing significant results in each of these areas – much better than I expected.
Menopause was taking a toll on me, but I was afraid of using estrogen therapy. After your doctor checked my blood levels, it turned out I was growth hormone deficient. I was hesitant at first about administering an injection each day, but my advisor at your clinic walked me through the process. It was extremely easy to accomplish. It has only been one month since I began, but I am already seeing improvements in my sleep, energy, hot flashes, and night sweats.