Many women who wonder about whether hormone replacement therapy is safe to think only about supplemental estrogen. They do not realize they have other options, such as growth hormone injections for women. In this review about human growth hormone, we look at its uses for females, including as a viable treatment for menopause. We also discuss the different types of HGH injections for women and why other forms of this bioidentical hormone do not work to boost growth hormone levels.
For those who think only children need growth hormone to help them achieve their full adult height, nothing could be farther from the truth. All people, no matter their age, need growth hormone. GH is often called the body’s “master hormone” for all it does.
Here are some of the many ways the body uses growth hormone:
- To stimulate brain functions such as learning, focus, memory storage, and recall
- Cell regeneration crucial to maintaining the structural integrity of the:
- Supporting immune system functions and bodily healing
- Maintaining healthy metabolism of the food consumed for weight management and energy support
- Helping regulate sleep and energy levels
- Keeping emotional well-being in balance
- Stimulating the production of hormones such as insulin growth factor 1 and testosterone
- Improving male and female fertility and sex drive
When a woman’s body is low in growth hormone, she can use HGH therapy to increase the amount of growth hormone available for her body to use.
By utilizing human growth hormone injections for women, it is possible to reduce many of the physiological issues that accompany aging. They are easy to use at home and are available in many injector styles and brands.
Purpose of HGH Injections in Middle-Aged and Older Women
As a woman ages, her body undergoes many changes – most due to declining hormone levels. She may gain weight, suffer from mood swings, lose interest in sex (partly due to lack of vaginal lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable), and have trouble sleeping. By using growth hormone injections for women, she can reverse these and many other changes that can significantly hinder her quality of life.
Women want to age with grace and vigor. They do not want to slow down, suffer from illness, or worry about conditions such as osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes. Yet, if they have a growth hormone deficiency, their risk factors for these and other health conditions increases exponentially.
Doctor-prescribed HGH injections for women are the answer many females seek to support the maintenance of healthy muscles, bones, skin, brain functions, and more.
Injectable HGH provides the following benefits to women as they age:
- Maintaining strong bones and muscles
- Supporting restful sleep
- Promoting abundant energy and vitality
- Increasing cell regeneration crucial to protect the internal organs from shrinkage
- Keeping cholesterol, insulin, glucose, and blood pressure levels in balance
- Improving immune system functions
- Enhancing sexual desire, thoughts, vaginal lubrication, and pleasure
- Promoting faster learning, cognitive processing, and memory recall
- Maintaining emotional stability and reducing feelings of stress and depression
- Keeping the skin firm and supple, and the hair growing in thick and shiny
- Decreasing the severity and frequency of hot flashes and night sweats
Types and Effectiveness of HGH Medications in Women
Human growth hormone injections for women are an effective way to boost growth hormone levels in the body. The best time to use these shots is at night, typically before bed. That mimics the natural release and use of growth hormone by the body.
When it comes to how to use HGH and where to inject the hormone, most women will administer their treatment to their abdominal area. The abdomen provides enough of an area that there is no worry about having to use the same location all the time. Complete instructions are provided based on the brand and injector style selected.
Unlike estrogen and other types of hormone therapy that can enter the body through the skin, such as in creams and patches, HGH is only available as an injection. Oral, transdermal, and other options that might advertise themselves as being HGH do not contain real human growth hormones. Their efficacy has yet to be proven by independent studies. Do not purchase these products to save money, thinking you are getting real HGH hormones.
The best HGH injections for women come from the following pharmaceutical companies:
- Pfizer – Genotropin
- Sandoz – Omnitrope
- Novo Nordisk – Norditropin
- Eli Lilly – Humatrope
- EMD Serono – Saizen
- Ferring – Zomacton
HGH injections are available in the following formats:
- Vial and syringe
- Single-dose, prefilled, disposable syringes
- Reusable injector pens with replaceable cartridges
- All-in-one injector pens
Diseases and Conditions in Which HGH Injections for Females Are Prohibited
HGH therapy is both safe and legal when prescribed by a doctor to treat growth hormone deficiency in adults. However, certain conditions contraindicate the use of growth hormone injections for women, including:
- Active malignancy (cancer)
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Untreated thyroid hormone level decrease
- Severe breathing difficulties
- Acute and severe illness resulting from major traumatic injury or complications due to open-heart or abdominal surgery
- Allergies to any ingredients in somatropin or its diluents
Before using HGH injections for women, tell your doctor if you have any of the following:
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sleep apnea
Application Nuances of HGH Injections for Women During Treatment
The following factors should be kept in mind while receiving HGH injections for women:
- Follow all directions as prescribed, using only the HGH dosage authorized by the doctor.
- Report any side effects or concerns to the hormone clinic to avoid adverse reactions.
- Do not alter the frequency of treatment or the dosage without doctor approval.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember unless it is almost time for the next treatment – in that case, skip the missed dose and get back on track.
- If more than two doses are missed, contact the hormone clinic for instructions.
- Do not stop HGH therapy without consulting with the doctor.
- Never use HGH medications purchased from anywhere other than a US pharmacy – do not use someone else’s HGH.
- Inspect the HGH before every injection, checking the expiration date as well as the appearance of the medication – do not use if it is cloudy, discolored, or contains particles or crystals.
For further information or any questions about growth hormone injections for women, please contact our hormone clinic for a free consultation by phone.